Yoga, the ancient health discipline is gaining popularity and acceptance, globally. It’s attaining a significant space in the wellness industry. If we specifically talk about the United States, there are 55 million people who practice yoga. In fact, Yoga and Pilates are two of the fastest-growing disciplines to achieve holistic health.
The rising popularity of yoga is accounted for its diverse health benefits, such as improved flexibility, stress relief, physical fitness, reduced anxiety, etc. Studies suggest that 70% of adults in the U.S. practice yoga and meditation as an effective way to manage stress.
Moreover, there are a number of factors that motivate people to practice this health discipline. For example,
1. Need to release tension
2. Feel happier
3. Have stronger mental/physical health
4. Get more “me” time
4. Feel less lonely
5. Unplug themselves from tech
Considering the benefits and adoption rate, fitness studios have found a great business opportunity in this health practice. Revenue of the yoga industry in the U.S. is projected to amount to around 11.6 billion U.S. dollars by 2020. By training fitness enthusiasts and patients about how to perform asanas and what can they do to their body, fitness studios, today, are making a tremendous profit.
However, amid the COVID-19 outbreak, offline training is no more a possibility. This has to lead to the need for creating virtual training centres, i.e. creating a space for trainers and learners to connect virtually and perform asanas. As a result, there is a high demand for creating online yoga studios, wherein the instructors and the learners connect through a live video or pre-designed video. The latter segment discusses how to make this possible.
Creating Online Yoga Studio: How to do it?
In the app-dominant world, connecting with a community has been a possibility. Similarly, for yoga instructors or fitness studios to connect with the yogis, building an app for mobile, tablet, or smartTV is a great idea. By building an app and setting up an online yoga studio, the following benefits can be availed:
- Bring a Community Together: There is a huge community of yoga practitioners, worldwide. By connecting with them through a dedicated platform helps the instructors and fitness studios acknowledge the diverse problems that people face and fix them.
- Get Rid of Location Dependency: Having an online setup means you have an opportunity to train your fitness enthusiast from anywhere. Moreover, it gives you the flexibility to create videos, connect with the community members from anywhere in the world. That means, anywhere, anytime freedom is available for both the ends, the learners, and the tutors.
- Have a Mode of Passive Income: Setting up an online yoga studio means you create a way for passive income, i.e. you can earn even when you are eating, sleeping, stretching, or having fun.
More the people subscribing to your channel more is the income. And honestly, with the right influential approach, there is no limit to how many subscribers or followers you can create. There are various monetization schemes that can be adopted once a community is built.
Certainly, the benefits of launching a fitness studio online are limitless. But how to get started with one. Let’s understand how yoga instructors can create a community, reach out to the masses, and have amazing revenue streams by building their yoga studio online.
- To get started, you need a platform to connect with fitness enthusiasts. This could be done through an app (which runs on a mobile, tablet, or on a SmartTV). These apps, called Over-the-Top (OTT) apps stream content on different devices using the internet. This content can either be streamed live or can be accessed on-demand. When building an OTT app for a yoga studio, it’s completely up to the instructor or studio manager as to how they want the content to be available to the users.
- Select the right platform for building the app. While mobile and tablet are two of the common devices where apps are downloaded, SmartTVs are also gaining ground. Better content view, at-home access are some of the reasons why TV apps are becoming a popular choice for app development. For building an OTT TV app, you can select the right platform for development.
- Once the platform selection is done, find out different ways of monetizing from the content. Apart from keeping the services subscription-based, there are different ways to monetize through video content. This can include Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD), Transactional Video on Demand (TVOD), Advertising Video on Demand (AVOD), etc.
Now that you have a basic idea of how to launch an online yoga studio, connect with a technology partner who would help you to materialize your idea. A technology partner would be an app development company who would help you from the ideation to the deployment phase.
Launching an Online Yoga Studio: We can help!
If you have decided to bring your offline yoga studio, online, then our OTT application development team can help you out. At an initial level, you can connect with them through a free consultation session, which will help you to create a roadmap for launching the solution within a defined time frame.