Austria based Docu Tools GmbH is a software product company that helps construction professionals to collaborate and document their construction projects. As they started to handle complex construction projects, Daffodil software acted as their technology partner and mitigate the software limitations to keep up with high-end documentation requirements. Major business challenges were;
- To develop an Android app from scratch, with their existent backend in .NET.
- To modernize their existing software:The project needed to process large PDF/images of building construction design. Their legacy code, which was running on Windows technology was taking 40-60 minutes for processing those images.
Engagement with Daffodil:
Their engagement with Daffodil started for an Android app that can help construction engineers to coordinate on-site, keep stakeholders informed with pinpoint accuracy and create project documentation with just few clicks.
The software needed to process large PDF/images of building construction design. Their legacy code, which was running on Windows technology was taking 40-60 minutes for processing those images. During development, team Daffodil realized the limitations of their backend services in rendering the images seamlessly and recommended an upgrade for their backend as well.
- Networked Team: To have on-site coordination and control amongst engineers, docu tools facilitates to assign and control tasks, comment on posts, and cooperate across teams. This ensure that any deviations in construction plan are recognized, documented, and fixed, as per predefined TAT.
- Intuitive Workflow: Features like split views for simultaneous views of screen, automated notification to stakeholders, task summary in notification center can help engineers to keep an overview of data.
- Integrated maps and plans: The core of docu tools is the smart integration of plans- making them fast upload and easy to find. New plans can be integrated to map by searching for them or adding pin to specific location.
- docu tools has proved itself in practice in many building projects, from large construction sites such as airports or train stations to residential complexes
- As of July’ 18, docu tools customers are working on 2,700 projects with approx. 68,000 plans, with more than 220,000 pins and almost 240,000 tasks. With half a million pictures in the software, the data volume of plans and media is already beyond 1 TB
- A few projects that were implemented using docu tools include Vienna University of Economics, Allianz Stadium, Skylink at Vienna Airport (Terminal 3), Flextronics International Ltd.'s plant in Austin and Charité Berlin - one of the largest university hospitals in Europe.